Our company ("MBK Hotel and Tourism Co., Ltd.", "we", "our", "ours" and "us") takes the issue of safeguarding your privacy seriously.
- what data or information we collect from guests, customers, villa owners, residence owners, lessors, lessees, tenants, vendors, suppliers, including prospective or potential ones, and you, as well as visitors to com, affiliates and/or third party websites ("Guest", "you", "your" and "yours")
- the way in which MBK Hotel and Tourism Co., Ltd. uses this data or information to better serve the needs of our Guests
TABLE OF CONTENTS
What is Personal Information?
Why is Personal Information Collected?
- To prove superior customer service to our Guests and Owners
- To keep our Guests informed
- For Marketing Research
How is Personal Information Collected?
- On mbkhotels.com
- A. Initially Upon Contact With mbkhotels.com
- B. While Browsing mbkhotels.com
- C. Making a Purchase on mbkhotels.com
- When Making a Reservation
- A. On mbkhotels.com
- B. Through Hotels or Corporate Reservation Offices
- During your stay at a Hotel
How do we store Personal Information?
- At the Hotel
- In Central Reservation System
- In Marketing Databases
What information is not secure?
If I have created a Guest Profile, how is my Personal Information treated?
What information may be exchanged with MBK Hotel & Tourism?
What Personal Information may be provided to third parties?
How do I access / revise my Personal Information?
How long is my Personal Information retained?
How will I know if there are changes to this Policy?
How Is Personal Information affected by business transfers?
What is Personal Information?The term "Personal Information" refers to information about you as an individual, such as your name, address, age, gender, image and credit card information.
Why is Personal Information Collected?
1. To Provide Superior Customer Service to our GuestsYour Personal Information is collected to assist us in making your reservation and in providing the services you request at any of our properties, to ensure we meet your needs while you are staying with us, and/or to allow us to contact you in relation to matters that arise from your stay with us. Our goal is to provide you with superior customer service, whether you stay with us once or many times. By keeping certain stay-related Personal Information on file, such as information regarding guest history and itemized spending, Guests have the ability to confirm prior transactions and reconcile statements or invoices.
2. To Keep Our Guests InformedWe may use the Personal Information you provide and that we collect from our business partners to send you newsletters regarding our properties and to advise you of promotions or to inform you of offers or other information that may be of interest to you. In order to do this, your information may be shared with a third party, for example, a customer relationship management company and/or a marketing and communications company. These companies are under contract with MBK Hotel and Tourism Co., Ltd. and are contractually required to protect all Personal Information to which they have access. If you do not wish to receive information from MBK Hotel and Tourism Co., Ltd., you may indicate your wishes on your registration card when you stay with us or you may advise one of our properties or send an e-mail to: email@example.com
3. For Marketing ResearchFinally, we may wish to contact Guests to conduct surveys or focus groups to receive your views of our properties and service delivery. Such information may be collected by a third party under contract with us and they will be contractually required to protect your Personal Information as explained below. Occasionally we will combine information from a number of Guests to better understand trends and Guest expectations. When this occurs, all identifiers are removed and the aggregate information cannot be linked to any specific Guest.
How is Personal Information Collected?
1. On mbkhotels.com
C. Making a Purchase on mbkhotels.comWhen making a purchase, such as a gift card, you will be asked to complete a form that includes your contact information and payment information. The form is secure. When the form is complete, your credit card number will be verified using a checking sequence, and once this is confirmed we authorize payment for the amount shown on your order form. Once your transaction is confirmed you will see a ‘Thank You' screen and if you requested an e-mail confirmation it will be sent within a few moments. Again, due to the personal nature of the information you provide when making a purchase through mbkhotels.com, the form is secure, such that your credit card number is protected with encryption technology. Purchasing transactions are assisted by third party processors who are required by contract with us to protect the privacy of your Personal Information. We retain a log file of transactions at pprincess.com, excluding your credit card information, connected to your ID number. We will then use that information to assist in any inquiries about your transaction. We also occasionally combine information from a number of web visitors in a way that does not identify any user, in order to identify user patterns.
2. When Making a Reservation
B. Through Hotel's Central Reservation OfficesReservations can also be made by contacting a particular hotel or resort reservation office directly or by calling our Central Reservation Office. When you make a reservation we may ask you for Personal Information such as your name, address, telephone number and method of payment. We may also obtain from you any room preferences or special requests. Personal Information obtained will be sent in a secured communication to the relevant hotel or resort. Confirmation of your reservation will be provided to you, generally by e-mail, directly from the hotel or resort.
3. During your stay at a HotelDuring your stay, we record your itemized spending to properly assemble your folio, which sets out your room rate and other expenses billed to your room. We also record this information to comply with financial reporting requirements, including those imposed by auditors and government regulators. We may also collect certain information as required by local laws (e.g. passport number). Information particular to your stay may also be stored (i.e. health issues, payment difficulties, special requests, service issues). This stay specific information is stored in the property management system at the particular hotel where you stayed and is combined with information from previous visits that you have made to the hotel. Certain information regarding your service preferences is also stored centrally by us and may be made available to MBK Hotel and Tourism Co., Ltd through our guest database. You may advise the hotel if you do not want personal preferences shared. In addition, we may retain the content of any document (including letters, comment cards, electronic documents such as e-mails and other similar forms of communication) that you send us before, during or following your stay. This information may be shared with employees of the hotel and with MBK Hotel and Tourism Co., Ltd. Finally, in preparation for your stay, we may collect your photograph from publicly available sources so that we can recognize you in order to provide you with superior customer service.
How do we store Personal Information?Your Personal Information may be stored, used and transferred for processing in all jurisdictions where it is necessary, or if it is required under local laws, your Personal Information may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities with or without notice to you.
1. At the HotelMBK Hotel and Tourism Co., Ltd stores Personal Information in a secure location, be it a database or filing cabinet. Furthermore, we take steps to ensure that only designated individuals have access to the Personal Information. MBK Hotel and Tourism Co., Ltd, as manager of all properties within the group of MBK Hotel and Tourism Co., Ltd, may use your Personal Information to create a guest profile that is stored in our property management systems. The stored guest profile information may include guest name, address, phone numbers, e-mail and credit card number. The guest profile may also include certain information regarding your service preferences.
2. In Central Reservation SystemIn order to serve you better we also store your guest profile in Central Reservation System ("CRS"), a platform located in a data center in Thailand. When you make a reservation directly to MBK Hotel and Tourism Co., Ltd, this information is available at / to that hotel. We store other transaction information in CRS, including the number of stays you have had at MBK Hotel and Tourism Co., Ltd including the number of nights of each stay. This information is available at / to MBK Hotel and Tourism Co., Ltd when you make a reservation at that hotel in order to serve you better.
3. In Marketing DatabasesMBK Hotel and Tourism Co., Ltd maintains databases of Guest information which are used for marketing, promotional and research purposes. Guests will only receive such information if they have provided permission on their registration cards, on mbkhotels.com, or in some other form. Any information sent provides a clear notice of how to discontinue receiving promotional materials.
What information is not secure?We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information that we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information. Also, while we endeavor to put adequate contractual protections in place we cannot guarantee the security of any Personal Information in databases hosted by third parties. When you log-in to complete or modify a Booking Profile or Guest Service Profile, your online interaction with us is protected from eavesdropping using the highest level encryption technology based on the browser you use. In order to ensure your privacy and the protection of information you choose to share with us, we allow only encrypted communications from all of our web forms. It is important to note that any e-mail communication is not secure. This is a risk inherent in the use of e-mail. Please be aware of this when requesting information or sending forms to us by e-mail (for example, from the "Contact Us" section of our website). We recommend that you do not include any confidential information (i.e. credit card information) when using e-mail. For your protection, our e-mail responses to you will not include any confidential information. Finally, to be prudent, please be sure to always close your browsers when you are done using a form or the reservation site. Although the session will terminate after a short period of inactivity, it is best to close your browsers immediately upon completion.
What information may be exchanged with MBK Hotel & Tourism?Information is shared with MBK Hotel & Tourism in certain limited circumstances, particularly where health or safety concerns have arisen in the past. Preference information may also be shared to enhance your guest experience. Further, if a guest does not pay an outstanding account on time, or acts in an unlawful manner in regards to payment obligations, this information may be shared among accounting personnel at others in MBK Hotel & Tourism.
(a) it is required or authorized by law (for example, in response to a legal subpoena);
(b) it is required to provide you with services you have requested in which case you will be considered to have implied your consent (e.g. car rental);
(c) if your stay has been paid for by a third party we will provide billing information to the paying party; or
(d) if you have failed to pay amounts owed to any of MBK Hotel & Tourism. If MBK Hotel and Tourism Co., Ltd suspects any unlawful activity is taking place, it may investigate and/or report its findings or suspicions to the police or other relevant law enforcement agency.
How do I access / revise my Personal Information?You may request to access / revise to your Personal Information held by us by taking the following steps: If you are a Hotel Guest:
Step 1: To contact our office:
- via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark as "Personal Information Request" together with your first name and last name and contactable telephone number
Step 2: Wait for our staff to contact you. This may take a few days
Step 3: To identify you as the owner of the Personal Information requested
- our staff will require you to produce some form of photo identification (e.g. a copy of a government-issued identification with signature, a passport or a driver's license), home or business addresses, phone numbers and information of your stay with MBK Hotel and Tourism Co., Ltd). You will also be asked to sign a request form.
How long is my Personal Information retained?Your Personal Information will be stored for the period of time required by law in the jurisdiction of MBK Hotel and Tourism Co., Ltd holding the information. It may be stored indefinitely by MBK Hotel and Tourism Co., Ltd as long as there is a business purpose for doing so. From time to time we may delete your Personal Information if you have not stayed with us for a certain period of time.
How Is Personal Information affected by business transfers?MBK Hotel and Tourism Co., Ltd manages the properties within the group of MBK Hotel & Tourism. Personal Information and/or other information required for the business transaction between the Guest and MBK Hotel and Tourism Co., Ltd may be shared with the third party within MBK Hotel & Tourism, but all Personal Information is considered to be proprietary to MBK Hotel and Tourism Co., Ltd. If we cease to manage a particular MBK Hotel and Tourism Co., Ltd, all Personal Information remains with MBK Hotel and Tourism Co., Ltd.